Monday 21 June 2010

Walking on Water

On the busy train up to Hull (after I fell asleep on my arm and then woke back up again with a rubbery hand to find that everyone around me had gone - odd) I began to read 'Mr Vertigo' by Paul Auster... I found it in Oxfam when I was working there one day down in the basement and bought it for £2. It's not something that I would usually pick up, which is why I picked it up. It is strange, a little but whimsical and slightly dark... it makes me a tad uneasy and also makes me smile. I read a little more sitting here in the garden... The sun is heavy and lovely and there are the biggest bees I have ever seen here - you wouldn't think that they were supposed to be becoming extinct if you were here with me. I have Classic FM playing loud and fuzzy in the background ... I feel as though a should have a giant sprinkler and a bunch of friends with me in floppy hats and Summer dresses...

No comments: